The Most Successful India m2m + iot Forum 2017 Delivered in New Delhi, India
15 March 2017, New Delhi India: The most successful 4th edition of India m2m + iot Forum was held on 6 – 7 March 2017 at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, India.
The forum discussed, deliberated and concluded on key themes and topics such as;
- Capitalizing Connected World
- The ABC’s of m2m + iot - Policies, Regulations and Standards – National and Global Scenario
- Industry Round Table on m2m + iot Service Delivery Modelling – How and Why?
- TOWARDS SMARTER INDIA – from Vision to Reality
- Role of m2m + iot in Making Sustainable Smart Cities in India
- m2m and iot Use Cases, Case Studies, Pilots and Projects
The forum was a packed house with industry experts who shared their visions and views at much greater details on the program topics. Ms Swati Rangachari, Chief of Corporate Affairs, Sterlite Technologies Limited stated, “For the technology and digital revolution, the network is foundation. Wireline and wireless synergy in important. We need to ensure the network is scalable and robust”, as she addressed the august gathering during the inaugural session.
Dr Rishi Mohan Bhatnagar, President, Aeris Communications, India mentioned, “Big manufacturers like GE (Engines) and Philips (Medical Equipment) are switching from product sellers to service providers. Remote monitoring and control is and will be an integral part of such delivery models”.
Other preminent members of the panel were:
- Guest of Honor: H.E. Mr Tomasz Kozlowski, Ambassador, European Union
- Mr R K Pathak, Deputy Director General (IC), Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Ministry of Communications, Government of India and Director, Telecom Centres of Excellence, India (TCOE India)
- Mr Rajan S Mathews, Director General, Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI)
- Mr Vipin Tyagi, Executive Director, Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT)
- Mr Dinesh Chand Sharma, Director, Standardization, Policy and Regulation, Seconded European Standardization Expert in India (SESEI)
The plenary panel discussed and deliberated on ‘The ABC’s of m2m + iot - Policies, Regulations and Standards – National and Global Scenario’ which gathered a huge interest from the stakeholders of the eco-system. The panelists on the panel were from the most relevant stakeholders such as;
- Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) - Mr Vikram Tiwathia, Deputy Director General
- ETSI and oneM2M - represented by Mr Dinesh Chand Sharma, Director, Standardization, Policy and Regulation, Seconded European Standardization Expert in India (SESEI)
- BIS - represented by Mr Narang Kishore, Convenor, Panel on Smart Infrastructure in Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), The National Standards Body of India. Convener, Reference Architecture Work Group in IEC Systems Committee on Smart Cities. Co-Editor, ISO 30145 on ICT Architecture for Smart Cities
- Telecom Standards Development Society, India (TSDSI) - Ms Pamela Kumar, Director General
- Telecommunication Engineering Centre (TEC), Ministry of Communications, Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Government of India, Mr D P De, Sr. DDG,
- Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Ministry of Communications, Government of India, Ms Reena Malhotra, Director (NT)
- Vodafone India Limited - Mr Sandeep Bhargava, EVP - Corp Affairs and Public Policy
The discussion points and deliberations from the panel was reported and will be delivered to the decision and policy makers of the Government of India.
India m2m + iot Forum 2017 together with the most preeminent Department Of Telecommunications (DOT), Ministry Of Communications, Government Of India, organized a special industry round table on ‘m2m and iot Service Delivery Modeling – How and Why?’ to deliberate and establish the m2m and iot Service Delivery Modeling. This session was powered by the prestigious Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI) and moderated by none other that the Director General, Mr Rajan S Mathews. The round table witnessed the industry representation by Sterlite Technologies, Vodafone Business Services, TATA Teleservices and Centre for Development of Telematics.
Mr Mathews during his address to Honourable Secretary, Mr JS Deepak, Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications at the Gala Evening highlighted, “We need to allow all kinds of player to co-exist, some will provide complete end-to-end IoT solutions, others will include application providers, network operators, and others.” He further added, “Rather than shifting the ecosystem through strict delivery models, we need to standardize the common service layer. This will allow the innovation to evolve naturally until the best solution emerges.”
In its constant endeavour to encourage the startups in the ICT (m2m + iot) domain, India m2m + iot Forum 2017 joined hands with Telecom Centre of Excellence, India (TCOE, India) to organize the ‘TEN Square Business Pitch Competition’. Jointly organized by TCOE India (Telecom Centres of Excellence, India), this unique competition provided an unprecedented platform for startups to showcase their business ideas and innovations, explore business and partnership opportunities, interact with business experts, corporates and mentors, investors and venture capitalists, including top industry associations and government organizations and department. The competition was judged by the esteemed jury members involving incubation centres and venture capitalists and the panel members of the TEN Square Program. Mr JS Deepak, Secretary, Department of Telecommunications, Ministry Of Communications rewarded the winners of the competition during the gala evening.
The winners of the competition were as follows:
- 1st: Stellapps Technologies – presented on end-to-end dairy technology solutions.
- 2nd: 5C Networks – presented on Technology and Telehealth platform focusing on remote radiodiagnosis.
- 3rd: Smart 24x7 Response – showcased on mobile platform for the safety & security to the citizens.
India m2m + iot Forum 2017 hosted the ‘3rd India Smart Cities Forum’ on Day 2. The theme for this year was ‘Towards Smarter India – from Vision to Reality’ which brought about key insights from both the policy makers as well as the industry players. Mr Sajeesh Kumar, Director, Smart Cities, Ministry of Urban Development suggested, “We need to have benchmarks to compare progress of smart cities. We should not have one size fit all hence, we ask cities to make their own vision and their context and work on that for the execution of smart city projects in India,” during the inaugural session.
Companies and Organizations including Sterlite Technologies, Vodafone Business Services, Tejas Networks, ESRI India, IBM Technology Services, Samsung R&D Institute, Tata Elxsi, Delhi Integrated Multi Modal Transit System Limited, Delhivery, Trak n Tell, Gaia Smart Cities, C-DoT, FTTH Council, Centre for Health Informatics, National Institute of Health and Family Welfare Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), Government of India, TIFAC, Lumis Partners presented the solutions and offerings for the smart city projects in India including the use cases for the application of m2m and iot for smart cities.
India m2m + iot Forum 2017 was supported by Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications, Government of India. European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI), European Union, oneM2M, Telecom Standards Developmnent Society, India (TSDSI) and Departmenr of Management Studies, IIT Delhi were the esteemed forum partners.
Detailed and live videos from the forum proceedings can be viewed at http://www.m2m2iotforum.com/2018/2017/video-gallery/.
India m2m + iot Forum extends it’s invitation to one and all from the machine-to-machine (m2m) and internet of things (iot) eco-system to join the much awaited 5th edition in 2018, while the forum prepare for a curtain raiser in May 2017.
About the organizers
Your online resource on machine-to-machine (m2m) and internet of things (iot) technologies, news, views and more...
Inaugurated in April 2013, www.m2m2iotpaper.com is a world-class news and resource portal of latest machine-to-machine (m2m) and internet of things (iot) information. m2m2iotpaper.com is an initiative in the domain of machine-to-machine (m2m) and internet of things (iot) technologies and its applications on key Industry Verticals namely, Agriculture, Automotive, Automation, Big Data, Cloud Computing, Electronics, Healthcare, Oil & Gas, Security, Supply Chain, Telecom, Transportation, Telematics, Utility and a dedicated section on Smart Cities and Smart Villages. m2m2iotpaper.com has very high quality collection of resources and references such as; articles, case studies, white papers, videos, interviews and events from across verticals of the machine-to-machine (m2m) and internet of things (iot) eco-system and value chain.
Telecom Centres of Excellence, India (TCOE, India)
Telecom Centres of Excellence, set up in Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode, are an example of the Government, the Academia and the Industry working together for the sustained growth and progress of the country in the Telecom sector. The idea of Telecom Centres of Excellence was initiated with the shared realization, by the Government and the Telecom Industry, that boosting the growth of telecommunications was essential for the overall progress of the country. It was conceptualized in May 2007 and brought into existence by February 2008 with the signing of 7 MoUs between DoT, participating premier Academic Institutes and the sponsors from the Telecom Industry. The eighth TCOE with participation of Railtel came up in Jun 5th 2013.The TCOEs set up in Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode, are an excellent example of the Government, the Academia and the Industry working together for the sustained growth and progress of the country.
For further details, please contact;
Forum Director – India m2m + iot Forum 2017
Mobile: +91 9599074767, +91 9818105643