Shri. Vipin Tyagi
Mr. Tyagi, as Executive Director & Chairman of the Board, is heading C-DOT, which is engaged in development of various projects at the frontier of Telecom technology in the areas of Optical communications, Next Generation Networks and Wireless technologies. C-DOT is also playing important roles in ‘Make in India’ and ‘Digital India’ programs launched by Govt. of India, Department of Telecommunications. Digital communication infrastructure required for smart cities and smart buildings is also being innovated by C-DOT.
Mr. Tyagi is an innovation and Business Leader from Information Technology and Telecommunication Industry for over 3 decades. He had founded and led a Company out of New Delhi for 12 years as Board Member and Global CEO. He has headed global business in India, Japan, Australia, USA and Europe. He has actively worked towards Research and Development of large systems, Organizational Development and creation of high performance teams. In October, 2009, Vipin decided to promote National level R&D and joined C-DOT.
Some of the notable projects are:
- India’s first 100 Gigabit per wavelength commercial grade optical fiber link in 2015 while at C-DOT.
- Innovative Access product for providing internet based services to illiterate and technology unaware rural population through a product called GYANSETU in 2015.
- India’s first Indigenous Gigabit Passive Optical Network (G-PON) development & deployment while at C-DOT, 2010.
- World first Broadband Network based Video on Demand System with ATM Switches, Video Servers and set-top boxes for TV sets with global delivery teams in 1997 while at Network Programs.
- India’s biggest and most successful project for development of electronics switching systems for rural India and towns while at C-DOT. 1986 – 1993.
- India’s first Large Scale Message Switching Systems Development, while at ECIL, 1984.
- Development of over 50 Products in area of Enterprise and Telecommunications Industry.